Stainless steel tumblers are all the rage these days. The popularity of tumblers has a lot to do with the fact that they’re so versatile. No matter if you’re a hot coffee drinker or a cold sweet tea sipper, stainless steel tumblers are great for transporting cold or hot beverages. Due to the materials they’re made out of, they can regulate and prolong the temperature of your drink. Grown ups aren’t the only people who benefit from tumblers. Stainless steel sippy cup tumblers are also easier for smaller children to sip from than traditional glasses—and they’re ultra durable—which make them really popular with moms!
Want to learn more about the wonders of stainless steel tumbler cups? Curious about the difference between wine tumblers and coffee tumblers? Interested in how to customize them, but not sure where to start? Learn everything you ever wanted to know about stainless steel tumblers (but were afraid to ask) below.
Stainless Steel Tumbler Benefits
As we already mentioned, the versatility of stainless steel cups is that they can be used for both hot and cold drinks. These cups keep your drink warm or cool for a longer period of time than traditional glassware or even acrylic tumblers. The best tumblers for cold and hot beverages are usually double walled, made of stainless steel and vacuum sealed. Why are these the best tumblers?
- The double wall insulates your drink from the outside environment and makes it comfortable to hold.
- The vacuum seal helps to prevent spills and maintain temperature.
- Stainless steel is durable, corrosion resistance, recyclable and hygienic.
The design of stainless steel tumblers make them great for both on-the-go moms and stay-at-home moms. If you love having your hot cup of coffee or tea in the morning during your commute, a stainless steel coffee tumbler is a great choice. If you’re looking for a way to keep your wine chilled while you take a hot bath for some “mommy time” at the end of the day, a stainless steel wine tumbler will help you maintain proper wine temperatures—whether you enjoy red, white or rose!
In fact, stainless steel tumblers can even be used for cocktails and beer, too. This means that no matter what drink you choose, you’ll be able to enjoy it at the right temperature thanks to your tumbler.
Wine VS. Coffee Tumblers: What’s The Difference?
Can you put wine in a coffee tumbler? Absolutely!! In all honesty, there aren’t many differences between wine tumblers and coffee tumblers, except for simple characteristics like whether or not the tumbler has a handle and how many ounces the tumbler holds. Coffee tumblers tend to be larger and taller, while wine tumblers are generally a bit shorter. That being said, there’s no reason you can’t drink your morning coffee and evening wine from the same tumbler. Just make sure you wash it out first!
Can You Customize Stainless Steel Tumblers?
Are all the power moms rolling up to the PTA with glitter tumblers? Are you feeling a little left out? Gather up your girlfriends to make your own, customized tumblers! Aside from their functionality, stainless steel tumblers are super popular due to their craftability. If you’re curious about how to make your own tumbler cup, here are some simple instructions to get you started.
- Start with a clean and dry tumbler.
- Use tape to hide any areas that you don’t plan on glittering.
- Apply an even layer of Mod Podge to the stainless steel tumbler. This is how the glitter will stick.
- Sprinkle glitter on the tumbler while you are rotating it. This will help to provide an even coat of glitter to the tumbler. You may need to tap it on a paper plate or tray to collect the excess glitter (unless you enjoy vacuuming up glitter for months!)
- Take off the tape and allow the tumbler to fully dry.
- Mix and apply your epoxy in even layers. It can be helpful to use a hand turner in order to keep things smooth while slowly rotating the tumbler.
- Keep things turning! We recommend this cup turner kit. After it’s done turning, let it dry.
- Apply any decals or stickers to the tumbler. This is the step where you can add cute phrases like “Runs on Wine” or “Need my coffee.” Get creative!
- Repeat the epoxy step.
What Are Other Ways To Customize Your Tumblers?
Outside of crafting, there are other ways to customize your tumbler. The two primary ways are picking your lid and maybe even a straw. You can choose from a variety of lids such as:
- Clear slide lids
- Screw on lids with a push to open/close button
- Lids with pop-up straws
- Lids with an opening for straws
- Acrylic lids
- Sippy cup tops
- Baby bottle tops
You also may have your choice of straws depending on what kind of tumbler you pick. There are:
- Plastic straws
- Silicone straws
- Metal straws
If you’re planning to purchase a straw separately from your tumbler, make sure you measure the diameter of the opening in your tumbler, so your straw fits.
Now that you understand a bit more about your tumbler options, you can find and customize the perfect tumbler for you and your family’s needs! Be bold and most importantly, have fun!
Make a holographic tumbler at your next ladies’ night!